If you grew up in Nigeria, then we are sure that you heard these myths and almost certainly believed them; probably even still believe some of them till today.
Don’t worry we don’t judge, we believed them too.
1. India once beat Nigeria at football 99 goals to 1.
Lmao. I won’t even lie, I still kinda believe this.
2. Doing this would stop a bird from flying mid-air.
It never worked, so I just assumed I was doing it wrong.
3. If a girl beats a boy with a broom his penis will shrink.
I tried my best not to get any girl angry.
4. If you walk over someone’s legs, their kids will be like you.
I never used to joke with this one. You must cross back.
5. If you swallow any fruit’s seed, a tree will grow inside you.
The first time it happened, I cried the whole day.
6. Coconut water will make you stupid.
So much delicious coconut water wasted.
7. Whistling at night invites demons or snakes.
Never risked it.
8. If you bend and look between your legs at night, you’ll see ghosts.
It’s not me and you, abeg.
9. When you wear your clothes inside out, money is coming.
I still believe this one sha.
10. If you eat in your dream, you have joined a coven.
11. When you sneeze repeatedly, people are talking about you somewhere.
My God is bigger.
12. When rain is falling and sun is shining, a Lion/Elephant is giving birth.
Seriously, is it a Lion or an Elephant?
13. If someone sleeps with their legs on the wall, they have gone for a meeting with witches.
*does sign of the cross*
14. If you pick money from the ground you’ll turn into yam.
So many crisp notes left on the floor.
15. If they write your name with red biro, you will die.
Ah! Stop it.